Wedding planner, cupcake enthusiast, and lover of all things romance and weddings.
He got down on one knee and asked you to spend the rest of your life with him… Of course you said YES and have been dreaming about this moment since you were young! The day that you have been dreaming about since you were a little girl is going to come true. You start daydreaming of what it will look like and then reality kicks in… WHERE IN THE WORLD DO I START?! No fear… here are 6 steps to help you get everything started on the right track.
1.Start Spreading the News: If you are one who wants to jump on Facebook to share the news immediately or decide to keep the moment private a bit longer… Whenever you decide to share the news… Be sure when you start spreading the news that you tell your parents FIRST!! Then other family and friends. You’ll make phone calls, of course, but you can also send emails, a letter or use social media. You can even throw a party to announce your engagement. a party.
2. Discuss a date:Once the word is out, expect lots of questions, including “When are you getting married?” Reveal a date if you have one, or let curious friends know plans are in the works — as they should be, especially if you want to hold your wedding at a popular time of year, such as June or over a holiday. Locations, photographers, caterers, and other professionals book up early, sometimes a year in advance.
3. Think About the Big Picture:Envision the type of wedding you both want — maybe it’s the event of childhood dreams or one that reflects your grown-up tastes. Even if you are set on a formal event in a ballroom, considering other possibilities, such as a seaside ceremony or a Sunday brunch, may change your mind or reinforce your choice. The same holds true for selecting the time of day and mood of the wedding.
4. Set a Budget: This is probably one the most crucial things to do before planning a wedding. Be clear and definite about what your budget is. Prior to making any decisions about the style, location, etc., figure out what you have to spend and whether your families will contribute. Make sure you and your fiance are in agreement about your priorities before talking to your parents about budget and logistics.
5. Register for Gifts:Surprising as it may seem, as soon as people find out about your impending nuptials, presents will start flowing in. It’s never too early to register, not only to help ensure you get something you like and need, but also to make it easier on friends and family who are pondering what to purchase. Even if you don’t select everything right away, at least go to one store and decide on some things for your list. You can always add more later and register at other stores. Try to limit your registry to three places. This way, it’ll be easier to manage. And, in case you don’t get everything you put down, many stores will keep your registry active for as long as a few years.
6. Insure Your Ring:You may never want to take off your priceless new treasure, but realistically, you’ll have to at times. It’s a good idea to talk to an insurance agent about coverage in case the stones or the ring itself ever need to be repaired or replaced.
You will first need an appraisal by a certified independent gemologist; most jewelers will provide this service upon purchase. And make sure you understand all the terms of the policy. Find out whether you are covered if the ring is lost, stolen, or damaged, and what stipulations there are, if any. If the ring is damaged, does the company give you a check so you can have it repaired by the jeweler of your choice, or do you have to use one of their jewelers? You’ll also want to know how long the claims process takes.
You might be able to add a jewelry rider to your existing homeowner’s or renter’s policy; if not, set up a separate policy. And, most important, take very good care of your ring — when you’re wearing it and when you’re not — because that’s the best insurance of all.
All pictures and info from www.marthastewartweddings.com
I’m Engaged… Now What? 6 Steps to Help You Get on the Right Track
When your friend gets married, you want to shower her with lots of love, and of course, lots of gifts! Here’s a list of thoughtful, meaningful, and also creative and unique, gifts for that girl who has everything. Passport Case – Perfect for that bride-to-be with an exciting, international honeymoon planned with her husband-to-be.…
For our brides with a pooch, its hard to even think of excluding our lovable canine from our wedding day! As part of the family, we want to include our sidekick on every adventure we take. Our wedding should be no different! The question is: how exactly do we include our dog in our people-only…
Signature cocktails are becoming a major trend in weddings and we absolutely love it. Have you considered how to create your personalized beverage for your big day? We have a couple tips on how to concoct and display these drinks for your guests to enjoy all night long! Consider The Season When coming up with…
The wedding dress! The focal point of the entire evening and the elegant ensemble that makes being a bride so magical. We dream of the perfect dress and can’t wait to put it on. Sometimes our dream gown just doesn’t fit quite right though. The last thing you want is to be uncomfortable while saying…
Since 2014, Jevettra has provided a luxurious, elevated planning experience for couples throughout the Carolinas. A true Southern Belle by nature, Jevettra is inspired by couples in love, interior design and family traditions.
Get to know the heart behind Avila Dawn Events and learn more about the one-of-a-kind experience the Avila Dawn Events team provides. Of course, I hope you'll connect with me on social media and follow along with the work I share each day.