Couples always ask for ways to incorporate games into their reception. Photobooths, Corn Hole, Jenga are some tried and true activities to get your guests up and mingling, but another game that is just as fun, but a little easier on the pocket is THE SHOE GAME!! All that is needed are the shoes off of your feet and two chairs!
During the reception, after guests have enjoyed some dinner, dancing and drinks, place two chairs back-to-back on the dance floor for the bride and groom. Remove both of your shoes (so make sure your feet aren’t ashy and/or you have on some great socks), then trade a shoe with your new spouse so that you are holding one of each. Then, a designated person asks a series of questions about the two of you and your relationship (i.e. “Who drives the fastest?” Who will be doing most of the cooking?” “Who said ‘I Love You’ first?”). After each question, hold up the shoe of the person who you think fits the answer the best. This game turns into a hilarious he-said, she-said kind of thing.
This game is a great way for guests to get to know a little more about your and your new spouse, but can also be VERY FUNNY in terms of how each person answers.
The key is that whoever is creating and asking the questions needs to know you and your fiance so that they can ask questions that are specific to you and will create fun reactions. Be sure to keep the questions light, funny and not too serious!
Here are 50 fun question ideas for you. Now I don’t recommend asking all 50, as that might be a little much, but would narrow down the list to between 20-30 questions so that the game doesn’t last much longer than 10 minutes. This is a fun activity that will break up the evening and get everyone belly laughing.
- Whose idea was it to play this game?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who always replaces the toilet paper roll?
- Who chooses where you eat for dinner?
- Who is older?
- Who has more siblings?
- When you first met, who made the first move?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who has been in more car accidents?
- Who is more likely to get a traffic ticket?
- Who will be doing the laundry?
- Who is the loudest?
- Who planned the honeymoon?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who looses things the most?
- Who is better at sports?
- Who will make the coffee in the morning?
- Who watches the most TV?
- Who is more likely to kill a spider?
- Who is smarter?
- Who is better at keeping surprises?
- Who is the better dancer?
- Who is the most organized?
- Who has the most clothes?
- Who has the most shoes?
- Who will be doing the cooking?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who is more adventurous?
- Who is more likely to be running late?
- Who is the better dresser?
- Who said I love you first?
- Who spends more money?
- Who is going to pay the bills?
- Who will be in control of the remote?
- Who will be most likely to wake up grumpy?
- Who is more likely to get lost?
- Who is more likely to ask for directions?
- Who is messier?
- Who spends more time on Facebook?
- Who spends more time on Instagram?
- Who calls their parents the most?
- Who will clean the house?
- Who always knows that time it is?
- Who will wake up first?
- Who will make the bed?
- Who will squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube?
- Who wants a baby first?
- Who is more picky about where you live?
- Who has the craziest family?
- Right now, who do you love more than anyone in the world?
Tell me, Will you try “The Shoe Game” at your reception?
Photography: Fokas Photography